What is a Meal Plan?
A Meal Plan unlocks delicious meals, coffee, snacks, and more, at 19 locations across campus. Your Meal Plan includes Meal Swipes and Dining Dollars, conveniently loaded onto your Western Card. No need to carry additional cards or cash!
Meal SwipesMeal Swipes give you access to any of our all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, including Viking Commons, Ridgeway Commons & Fairhaven Commons. Unused meals expire at the end of the quarter.
Dining DollarsDining Dollars may be used at any Western Washington University Dining location. Visit our locations page for location information, including dining hall menus and hours of operation. Dining Dollars roll over from quarter-to-quarter until the end of Spring quarter, at which time all unused Dining Dollars do expire.
Guest MealsA set number of Guest Meals are included on the Unlimited Plan. For all other meal plans, you may use any of your meals for a guest.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like.
- Healthy choices available all across campus.
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members.
- Casual atmosphere with TVs, music and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out with friends.
To-go meals: To request a to-go meal fill out the to-go meal request form!
Managing Your Plan
There are three ways you can check your Meal Swipes and Dining Dollars balance:
- On GET Funds Portal.
- On your receipt after a purchase at any dining location
- Visit the meal plan office in Edens Hall 109, open Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 PM
- First meal for Fall quarter 2022 is Dinner on September 15, 2022
- The deadline to downgrade your meal plan is 4:30p PST on September 30, 2022 and must be made online.
- Optional meal plans can be added at anytime during the quarter, with the cost and tender balances being prorated based on the day you sign up online for an optional meal plan.