Standards for Serving Alcohol at University Activities:
It is the responsibility of the Department Head to ensure compliance with Western’s required Standards for Serving Alcohol at University Activities (STN-U1300.03B). Click here to view University policy and standards.
University requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Obtaining the proper approvals from both the University and the Washington State Liquor Board.
- Ensuring the appropriate number of licensed bartender/servers/attendants are provided as required by University Catering.
- Providing a signed copy of the state Banquet Permit to University Catering 1-2 days prior to the event.
Purchasing/Delivery Alcohol for the Event:
Alcohol is to be delivered to Aramark office (VU 441) 1-2 days before the event.
Unused Alcohol after the Event:
Unused alcohol will be handled as follows:
- All opened leftover beer, wine, and cider will be disposed of properly by University Catering designated staff.
- All unopened leftover or excess beer, wine, and cider and leftover opened, or unopened spirits will remain in the custody of University Catering and transferred to appropriate employees of the WWU Foundation.
Under Washington State Law, only those 21 years of age and over may legally consume alcoholic beverages. The department head hosting or sponsoring the event will be responsible for enforcing state laws and campus policies. University Catering reserved the right to refuse service to anyone.
Should you have any questions regarding Washington State Alcohol Laws & policies relative to our catered event please contact the Catering Director to discuss.
The bar set up includes product cool down, ice down, product display containers, ice, bar linen, corkscrews, and trash removal.
Additional items can be added: Cocktail Napkins: $5 per pack of 100, Compostable Cups: $5 per pack of 50, Glassware: $.50, Carafes: $1.00
- Bar Set Up - $50.00 per bar (beer and wine)
- Bar Set Up - $75 per bar (mixed drinks, beer and wine)
- Bartender - $28.50 per hour (3 hour minimum, 1 for every 50 guests)
- Wine Attendant - $23.50 per hour (3 hour minimum, 1 for every 50 – 75 guests)